dimanche 17 mai 2015

LED fixture blinks then quits. 5 minutes later it is OK

Yesterday, I installed a new ceiling fan in my bedroom. Ran it for a few hours, everything was working fine. Later that evening, I turned on the light in my bathroom, which is an LED fixture. After about two minutes, the fixture started blinking, then went out altogether. After about 5 minutes, I am able to turn the light back on, only to have the same thing happen. It will blink, then go out.

The reason I mention the ceiling fan is because it is on the same circuit as the bathroom light. So I fear I have done something incorrectly, even though the fan works just fine. No other circuits are affected, only the bathroom light. The fan keeps running, and outlets in the bathroom on the same circuit work just fine. No breakers are tripped.

Lastly, the ceiling fan is controlled by a dimmer switch. This was here when I purchased the house. Not sure if this would matter at all.

Any ideas? Could it be a bad fixture and its just bad timing with the ceiling fan install? Or is there something I should be looking for? Thanks in advance.
LED fixture blinks then quits. 5 minutes later it is OK

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.