mercredi 20 mai 2015

Looking for the best white trip paint that I can apply with an air spray gun

Hi, I'm going to refinish a wood mantle (completely strip) and would like to use the hardest and whitest paint I can apply as a DIY'er with a conventional air sprayer (i.e. automotive type gun). I have used Pettit "Easypoxy" (single part poly paint) with reasonable succcess and would likely go back to that as my default but I'm curious about others or water-borne enamels. Heck, I'd even consider a true epoxy and don my SCUBA gear for an oxygen supply if that's what it takes. I'll likely be painting a lot of doors in the future. This will be set up in my garage but I'll eventually be hand painting some trim inside the house. I don't mind a bit of yellowing but I don't want to have one type of paint I set up to spray in the garage and another for hand-painting existing trim that change differently over time (i.e. one yellows and the other doesn't).

Any recommendations? I'm "okay" with mixing and using a spray gun, all my past results on boats have been satisfactory. Can waterborne enamels be sprayed with a conventional spray gun?

Thanks,
BB
Looking for the best white trip paint that I can apply with an air spray gun

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.