dimanche 17 mai 2015

Reddish brown water from taps after disconnecting and reconnecting. Iron?

So I needed to do some work on a water pipe in the house so I closed off the water supply from the tank. When I turned the water back on an hour later there was the expected sputtering from the faucets but what was un exected was a dark brick colored water that came out with force with the hot water taps open. Depending on the tap it took between 30 seconds and 2 minutes to clear up most of the way and today a slight discoloration was noticeable in the morning, gradually disappearing through the day.

It seemed like a lot of sediment! Is there a benefit to doing something like this again to see if I can get more out?

What I was mainly curious about is the color, I always associated that brick color with iron but the pipes in my house are all copper with brass fittings which as far as I know oxidizes to a whiteish green color. Is the brown normal?
Reddish brown water from taps after disconnecting and reconnecting. Iron?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.