lundi 18 mai 2015

Sand and algae coming in water well

I purchased a home with a water well, the previous home I had also had a well but never had this problem.

The well is outside exposed to the elements. There is a galvanized holding tank with pvc pipe distributing the water from well to house. Some of this pipe is exposed which also has a glass inline filter (for filtering sand). However, because of the sun, the glass has turned green.

So now I have several questions. What can I do 1) to get the sand out of my water? 2) What do I use to clean my water lines? 3) What do I need to protect from the green algae forming again?

I've drained the tank once and got a ton of sand, the 2nd time I did it no so much. I also need to drain my hot water heater.

The reason for concern is that if I leave the water in a container sand will form after a few days. If I manage to run it through a filter, the water is slimy after a couple of days. So needless to say I can't drink or cook from this.
Sand and algae coming in water well

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.