vendredi 20 mars 2015

Cable securing - Horizontal through studs and multiple gang plastic boxes

Question 1 - Is cabling secured making a long (25') run horizontally through studs?



Meaning, through holes I'm about to drill in the studs. Code says to fasten every 4.5 feet to a surface over which it runs. Since I'm more running "through" surfaces rather than "over" them, I'm confused whether this means to fasten during the 25' run or not.



I know it has to be secured once it starts moving vertically over the studs. (Down from the panel, down to the outlet box.)



Question 2 - Code says when using a single gang plastic box, the cable doesn't have to be anchored if it is supported within 8" of the box and at least 1/4" of the sheath extends into the box. What do I do with two gang plastic boxes? Have I overlooked a cable clamp meant for plastic boxes?

Cable securing - Horizontal through studs and multiple gang plastic boxes

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.