mercredi 11 mars 2015

Grounding a subpanel

I have an existing outbuilding with an underground cable to it from my house which supplies 110v service. I wish to put a subpanel in the outbuilding and convert to 220v, but running a new cable will be very, very difficult and expensive, indeed. So, I intend to use the existing cable with the black and white wires as conductors and the ground wire as the neutral, then install a ground rod to ground the new subpanel. There are no other wires, pipes etc. going to this outbuilding. My question is this -- in the new subpanel, should the ground bus and the neutral bus be connected, or should they remain separate?

Grounding a subpanel

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.