mercredi 18 mars 2015

laminate install gap between subfloor and dry wall??

Hi all. First time taking on a flooring project. Decided to do my bedroom first so if I jack it up I don't feel quite as bad lol.



Lifted up the carpet cleaned the subfloor and removed the baseboards.



1. There is an uneven gap going all the way around room ranging from 3-14mm dry wall to subfloor. is this normal? Do I need to fill the gaps with something?



2. Assuming I do not need to fill in the gap s, mentioned above. When I install my laminate that requires 1/4 inch spacing....will the portions of the wall that have the gap already create a problem? Meaning those areas will have a much larger expansion area and I'm worried that might cause my floor to expand too much and separate... if that makes sense.



3. There are slight gaps in my subfloor where different pieces of wood were nailed. The gaps are perfectly spaced and clearly intentional but I can also feel air/sound coming through. Do these need to be sealed or are the gaps designed specifically for air circulation/controlling dampness etc?



4. Near the door... there is an elevation between two pieces of subfloor... kinda like a peak being created when you push stacks of paper together. I'm assuming this will have to be flattened and level prior to floor install. Safe to just sand it down until flat?? Rest of the floor seems pretty rough and "gritty" but doesn't feel like I would need to take additional action.



5. My laminate has a thin pad attached to it. do I still need additional under layment?? What if I want additional underlayment, is that still safe for the laminate??



6. Why are you guys awesome?




laminate install gap between subfloor and dry wall??

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.