dimanche 22 mars 2015

Raising height of countertops and elevating electric range to match

Hi All,



Question about raising the heights of our countertops. Currently at 36" height, but we are a tall couple - both over 6' tall. Would like to increase the height by at least a couple of inches.



I've read different ideas on the subject:




  • making a 2x4 platform on the floor and setting the cabinets on that

    or

  • adding plywood on the top of the cabinets and mounting the granite on top






Rather then using plywood over the entire top surface of the cabinets, could I use some evenly spaced strips of wood lengthwise on top of the cabinets and mount the granite on that? Unfortunately, my budget only allows for reusing the existing cabinets - custom built will not be an option. So, I'm looking for opinions on what my best option would be here.



This also brings up my question about the electric range. The height from the floor to the cooking surface is 36" and of course I would like it to be even with the height of our countertops. What options are there for us to increase the height of this range so it's level with the countertops?



Thank you!



Ken

Raising height of countertops and elevating electric range to match

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.