lundi 18 mai 2015

Question about Disconnecting Means between Main Service and a Subpanel?

Greetings to all,


NOTE: An Image is attached. And please read carefully as my next specific concern and question may not be as easy to explain for me in English.


From a 100Amp Main Service Panel that have the Neutral and Ground properly bonded together as a Main Service, I will use a 60Amp Double Pole Breaker to feed a Subpanel in a detached building. I will use Two #4 Wires for the Ungrounded Conductors and Two #6 Wires, One for the Neutral Grounded Conductor and One for the Ground Grounding Conductor. The Neutral and Grounding Conductors will NOT be bonded in the Subpanel as required by code. I will also use a Grounding Electrode consisting of a 8feet Cooper Rod at the detached building using #6 Wire from the Rod to the Grounding Bus Bar at the Subpanel. Everything is perfect to this point... However, because the Subpanel will have a few circuits I want to also use a dedicated Disconnect Means in the detached building in order to be able to turn off the entire electricity to the Subpanel at any given moment, WITHOUT needing to go inside the Main Building to do so. For that, I have decided to use a 60Amp Main Lug Small Panel that will have another 60Amp Double Pole Breaker, and from there continue to the Subpanel that will have Direct Feeding as a Subpanel without a Main Breaker. So far all that is also perfect... except that the Main Lug Small Panel that I want to use and all of those kind available ONLY have 3 Wire Lugs NOT 4 Wire Lugs like the Subpanel.

So my concern is: I want to install a 60Amp Main Lug Small Panel before the Subpanel at a corner of an exterior wall of the detached building in order to function as a Disconnecting Means... but problem is the 60 or 70 Amp Main Lug Small Panels ONLY comes with 3 Wire Lugs NOT 4 Wire Lugs; therefore, I can connect the 2 HOT Wires and the Neutral Wire coming from the 60Amp Breaker at the Main Panel, BUT I CAN'T connect the Grounding Conductor that comes from the Main Service to feed the Subpanel...

So, question is: Can I maintain the continuity of the GROUNDING CONDUCTOR just using a Full Length Grounding Wire all the way to the Subpanel without connecting it to the IN BETWEEN Disconnecting Means, just connecting the Two HOT and 1 Neutral, as long as I still connect the Grounding Conductor at its Grounding Lug in the Subpanel???


Name: Question About Main Lug.jpg Views: 0 Size: 37.0 KB


My conclusion is that I just have to connect the Two Hot Wires and the Neutral at the IN BETWEEN Disconnect Means; and just run the Grounding Conductor all the way from the Main Service Panel directly to the Subpanel Grounding Lug.

Am I right about this?


Thank you a lot. :cool:
Attached Images
 
Question about Disconnecting Means between Main Service and a Subpanel?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.