dimanche 17 mai 2015

Tips and help on building a patio cover.

Hello everyone, I am new here and hope I can help others and receive help as well!

I have some questions about a patio cover I will be building in the next week.
I will be using 3 4x4 or 6x6 posts to hold it up from one side. I live in the high desert so there will be 0 weight on this, no snow. Are the 6x6 posts necessary or will the 4x4 do?
The other side will be held up by a ledger board which I want to screw into, I believe it is called the Sub Fascia?
I probably sound like I don't know what I'm doing from this question, but how exactly do I know where the sub fascia is so I can properly bolt the ledger board with lagger screws on it?

Another question, I will be using joist hangers on the ledger board, but I want the patio to be a bit angled down to allow rain to run off it; because the rafters will be angled down slightly will it be a problem when I screw them into the joist hangers?

As for the rest of the project.
2x6 ledger board
should I use a bigger ledger board? And for the rafters, is it okay that i use 2x4 since this cover will see no weight?

For the posts I plan to use column posts, these are fine to use right?
Simpson Strong-Tie Galvanized Column Base-CB44 - The Home Depot

A 4x6 support beam across the front of it with bc post caps on the end posts and either an OT strap or a regular T strap in the center post.

As for the flasher, I basically create a cover for the ledger from the top so any rain water runs off it, then cover the ledger further down correct?

Thank you in advance to any replies or any tips you might have.:)
Tips and help on building a patio cover.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.