lundi 18 mai 2015

Trane XV95 - 4 Wire Dilemma

I recently had a new Trane XV95 (model DH2B060A9V3VA) and 2 stage Honeywell thermostat (model TH8320WF) installed in my house. I don't have an air conditioner (not needed in Anchorage AK) or humidifier or additional filtration system. The HVAC company sent two guys who had the job done in less than four hours while I was ten minutes away at work. Over the weekend while I had time to go through the installation manual and and examine my new furnace I found that they had wired it for 1 stage heating using a 1 stage thermostat (page 36 of installation manual below) presumably because the existing thermostat cable only had 4 wires. Nobady at the HVAC company explained to me that the exsiting 4 wire cable would be a limitation, and the estimator/sales guy had sold me on the 2 stage system which added $1100 after looking specifically at the existing wiring.

Now I am trying to figure out how I might be able to wire it for two stages with the 4 available wires and it seems to me that since I don't have or need AC that I could do the regular 2 stage furnace on two stage thermostat wiring (page 37 of installation manual below) except that I wouldn't have a G wire connection because I would use that wire to connect W2. I know it would eliminate the ability to control the fan independent of the furnace which I'm willing to live with for 2 stage heat.

Are there any problems with this plan that I should know about? I know that I'd have to also change function 0170 in the thermostat setup (I think 9 would be correct) and I think I'd have to change the dip switch on the IFC board for the stage delay from the default of 10 minutes to 0.5 minutes. Are there any other settings that I would need to change? Any other thoughts or comments on the situation?

Furnace installation manual: http://ift.tt/1LdTRXc

Thanks in advace for any advice.
Trane XV95 - 4 Wire Dilemma

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.