mercredi 20 mai 2015

Used car purchase CheckList

Hi everyone,
We're looking at purchasing a used car soon and I wondered if there had ever been a discussion here on things that you should look at while the car is on the lot. I've been told to have 'my' mechanic look at a car before buying but I've never had a dealer offer to let me drive the car off the lot without buying it first.
I know there are various sight-inspections you can do that will tell you a lot, along with checking the 'look, feel & smell' of the various fluids: oil, transmission and antifreeze, brake, power steering. Along with visually inspecting tire tread wear and looking underneath for any hidden 'accident' damage not visible from the outside.
Then when driving you'll want to note steering and engine/drive train for any unusual vibrations and noises during turns, gear shifts, etc...

We would like to get a GM brand, Chevy or Buick sedan, 4dr, 4/6 cylinder from a dealership; mostly for the limited warranty you get when purchasing from a dealership. I wondered if it would be appropriate to ask for the Service CheckList Inspection report used by their mechanics and possibly the State Inspection report as well. I'm guessing these are standard forms used by most dealerships. And, what about a list of outstanding or fixed Recalls given it's a GM vehicle ?

If you got a anything you would check or ask for when buying a car, I'd appreciate hearing about it.
Thanks,
greynold99
Used car purchase CheckList

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.