mardi 19 mai 2015

Wiring advice for blower motor on Trane TUX100C948D3

A furnace repair guy replaced my blower motor, but he got the wiring wrong. Rather than call him back again, I'd rather fix it myself (assuming its just a matter of connecting the right wires). Here's what I see:

  • A thin white wire comes from the motor and connects to a thick white wire. The thick white wire is plugged into CIR-N.
  • A thin black wire comes from the motor and connects to a thick blue wire. The thick blue wire is plugged into HEAT.
  • A thin blue wire and a thin red wire come out from the motor and are not connected to anything.
  • A thick black wire is plugged into COOL, but is not connected to anything.


The result right now is that the heating system works fine, and the fan works fine. However, the fan shuts off when I switch the system to "Cool" (the outdoor condenser unit starts up and runs just fine).

I'm totally inexperienced in this stuff, but can figure it out when I need to (I replaced the inducer a few months ago). Please let me know if there's any other information needed in order to tell what connections should be made. Thanks!!
Wiring advice for blower motor on Trane TUX100C948D3

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.