dimanche 8 mars 2015

Dangerous to leave tripped GFIs that won't reset for a week?

I have a lot of outlets that are not working as of last night. I have gone over the circuit breaker box and all the GFI receptacles and tried to fix it. Last time this happened it was due to a GFI in the kitchen. When I reset that the other outlets started working again. This was a few months ago.



QUESTION:

I'm supposed to go out of town in a couple of days for about 5 days. Is there a possibility of fire or anything if I leave it until I get back in town? (I am not going to DIY any electrical issues since I'm not ready to die yet :eek:, I would have to call someone)



PROBLEM/DESCRIPTION:

The kitchen GFI that fixed it last time isn't fixing it this time. The outlets of that GFI do work. That GFI has the garbage disposal switch right next to it and the disposal won't turn on. The outlet the disposal is plugged into under the sink is not a GFI and does not work.



Resetting that GFI did not fix all the other outlets that it fixed last time.



Now, I *think* there are more outlets not working than last time. (I was literally about to leave town last time so I didn't check the bathrooms, but this time I noticed the bathrooms weren't working anymore as the lights wouldn't come on and the dryer wouldn't start).



The GFIs in the bathrooms won't reset. All my inside GFIs are the kind with red and black buttons on them. I checked the two exterior ones I know of and they were fine. No garage.



So... I'm supposed to go out of town in a couple of days for about 5 days. Is there a possibility of fire or anything if I leave it until I get back in town? I've read this problem can be due to a loose wire so that has me worried.



Thanks!

Dangerous to leave tripped GFIs that won't reset for a week?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.