lundi 9 mars 2015

GFCI location for whirlpool tub

Hi All,



So I'm going over a previous owners renovations in a bathroom. They ran 12/3 wire to the whirlpool bath and the proceeded to to put two GFCI's sockets on each hot and then plug the heater (12A) and pump (12A) into each GFCI. Unsurprising this did not work and they claimed the tub was broken. They also sealed up the GFCI breakers behind drywall... Anyhow I digress.



My plan is to just put 2-pole 20A GFCI breaker in the main panel and then use the same wire to two standard waterproof outlets near the tub (each on a separate hot, common neutral). Is this ok or am I supposed to have the GFCI reset close to the tub or is in the panel fine?. I should add nothing else will be on this circuit.

GFCI location for whirlpool tub

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.