mercredi 11 mars 2015

Mediacom / modem / router / ISP speed issues

Sorry for the confusing title. I have Mediacom for my ISP. I've had there service for three months now. I've been having download speed issues from day one.



The cable company has been here four times to diagnose the problem, and they keep telling me the problem lies with the apartment complex's cable in the attic, not Mediacom's cable to the building.



The apartment complex has had there electrician out, and he claims the problem lies with Mediacom's cable.



This keeps going round and round, with no one is stepping up to fix the problem.



I did live in a smaller apartment in this same complex, and I had no problems getting a good reasonably fast / same speed as I'm paying for now internet connection.



I have two questions about this......



Is there any chance that my new combo-router is setting to close to my TV / entertainment center, and picking up signal interference from those items ??



Also since no one is wanting to fix this for me, and I need a strong reliable internet connection to supplement my income, do I have the legal right to get satellite internet service, even though the apartment complex doesn't allow them ?? I know the law reads that I have the right to the internet in the state of Iowa, and I feel that this is not being offered to me right now. At least not reliably, hence I'm not getting what I'm paying for....

Mediacom / modem / router / ISP speed issues

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.