jeudi 12 mars 2015

No Power at Thermostat

We just moved and I'm dealing with a 20 year old American Standard heat pump. Everything worked peachy for about 2 weeks and then then my Nest thermostat said it wasn't getting power. So I checked the voltage on Rh and sure enough no voltage. I went down to the air handler and pulled the fuse on the 24 volt transformer and it was blown, so I bought more odd ball fuses online and plug one in and still nothing. I opened the box only to find they have taken the factory fuse out of line and installed a 5A automotive fuse, and that fuse is not blown. So I get out my multimeter and check the voltage running to the transformer. It tested around 120V, but on the output side before the fuse no voltage. So I assume I have a bad transformer. The thing that gives me pause is that the sticker on the transformer says "Pri: 60Hz WHT-COM, DRM-200V, RED - 230V, SEC 24V, 75VA". This makes it sound to me like I should be getting 220V at the transformer primary? I have no idea what kind of failure could occur to have me 110V instead of 220V? Or it is the wrong transformer? Am I missing something here. The air handler is an American Standard TWE065E130A0. Is there anyone that can help me trouble shoot this?

No Power at Thermostat

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.