samedi 21 mars 2015

Possible attic damper?

I have hot air heat in Connecticut and recently completed an extensive attic project to seal and insulate the attic above my second floor. Good news: the attic is much cooler and the second floor is much warmer. Bad news: second floor rooms are at least 8 degrees warmer than the main floor (74 versus 66 degrees) and very uncomfortable.



I'm seeking to adjust the second floor dampers but can't find them. Would there normally be a damper to adjust the second floor from the basement or would everything be in the attic? (With all the insulation I've added I'm hoping I don't have to search the attic.)



Also, I've been told here not to close the second floor registers and know that was good advice. Could closing the second floor damper also harm my system?

Possible attic damper?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.