lundi 23 mars 2015

Sagging Floor Joist

I'm about to put my house on the market and am concerned that it will not pass inspection because of a slightly compromised floor joist (water-damaged). I have a 4x4 temporary support beam underneath with two metal adjustable jack posts, which does the trick, but I'm concerned this won't pass inspection. It's a one-story home with 3ft crawlspace underneath, so there is no way to easily get a piece of new lumber down there. The only way I can see getting a 16 ft joist down there is by removing one of the crawlspace vents, but they are secured to the foundation wall so I'd rather not do that if I can avoid it. Complicating things further is the joist has plumbing on both sides, so some of the pipes may need to be moved over. Suggestions (hopefully other than cut the foundation vent and install a new joist)? I suppose cutting out the existing vent wouldn't be a big deal, as long as I could do it without damaging the concrete facing and get a new one in there.

Sagging Floor Joist

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.