lundi 23 mars 2015

This XHHW cable OK for 100amp basement sub panel?

Hello all, I've been doing a lot of research and just wanted to get some second opinions before making some purchases.



Project: I'm in the process of finishing my basement, I have a main electrical panel in my gararge (150amp) square D. It's about 30ft as the crow flies to my basement, and roughly 55ft in an EMT conduit run.



What I'm looking to purchase.



1: 2" EMT conduit to run from the main panel to the basement sub panel



2: Square D sub panel (with 100 amp breaker) for installation in basement, so I'd have 1 x 100amp in the main panel and 1 x 100amp in the sub for shut off at either end.



3: This XHHW wire for the 100amp panel (I'd be running 3 #2 for 2 hot and 1 nuetral and 1 #4 wire for ground).

Southwire 500 ft. 2-Gauge Stranded XHHW Wire - Black-11272207 - The Home Depot



I just wanted to double check that it's common practice to use that wire inside EMT conduit, it seems that it's slightly better rated and easier to pull than the THHN/THWN.



Thoughts/suggestions are appreciated.

This XHHW cable OK for 100amp basement sub panel?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.