jeudi 19 mars 2015

Thoroseal over paint? What would happen? Is it ever ok to do?

I gutted a room in my basement that had rotted out through years of water infiltration from a leaky block foundation. I exposed the bare foundation, patched large holes/cracks then finished it off with 2 coats of thoroseal. It came out great.



The rest of my basement walls had been painted with waterproof paint long before I bought the house and is starting to fail. The paint looks fine, no peeling but in the spring and during heavy rainfall, waters leaks in in various spots. It's not much water but enough to be a nuisance. There's a lot of noticeable efflorescence.



I really want to thoroseal the rest of my basement. I tried wire brushing/scraping the paint off but it bonded so well to the block its as if it's become part of the block itself.



I know everyone says not to do it but what would happen if I used thoroseal over paint? The blocks really absorbed the paint and I don't see if coming off without sandblasting it, which isn't an option.



Thanks in advance,



Aaron

Thoroseal over paint? What would happen? Is it ever ok to do?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.