mardi 19 mai 2015

Glazing a window

I'm using some DAP '33' window glazing after I replaced the broken window. I got a bead around the rabbet and installed the window with points. My problem is that I am trying to glaze the outside, but as I drag my putty knife thru it to make a 45° edge, it tends to pull the glazing compound apart. This is a newer container that has been closed up and appears the same as new. The only way I can get it to stick is to pull it perpendicular to the bead, not along it. Should I use another product? I have the bottom on, but I'll probably pull it out and redo it as it does not look very professional. I've watched some youtube videos and thought I was doing it the same way, but maybe this stuff is just not as liquid as what I've seen used.
Glazing a window

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.