mardi 19 mai 2015

Hunter Ceiling fan hums but doesn't start spinning

Hello, I recently moved into a flat that has a newer Hunter ceiling fan (it's probably within 5 years old). When I moved in, it was winter but I tried the fan once and it worked. A month or two later when it started to get warm out I attempted to turn it on and nothing happened.

The fan is on one light switch (single switch) in the kitchen. The fan has lights as well, which work. When I flip the switch on and pull the fan chain I can hear the motor hum and cycle through the 3 speeds. The fan blades DO spin freely, regardless if power is on or off.

Originally, I thought the capacitor was blown so I purchased a new wiring harness from Hunter (part# K226602H03). The harness has new wires, switch, and capacitor on it. I installed it and everything stayed the same. The motor hums as I cycle through the speeds but the fans never start to turn.

If knowing the exact model of the fan would help, please let me know, I'm at work as I type this so I can update later if needed.

I am at a loss of what the problem could be. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as my landlords are currently out of town and I would love some air flow in my warm flat!
Hunter Ceiling fan hums but doesn't start spinning

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.