mardi 19 mai 2015

Need help with switch and outlet connections (think of it as a fun puzzle?)

Hello all,

I am currently in the middle of a remodel of my home. During all of the excitement we decided to widen a doorway to a walkway. The section of wall removed included:

  • one three way switch (other one being on the other side of the room untouched)

  • an outlet on one side

  • another outlet on the other side

  • two coaxial outlets for tv

As shown in this figure (currently, the studs and everything are removed and ceiling patched):

Name: 20150309_151948.jpg Views: 1 Size: 27.6 KB

The figure might be hard to see, so I included a rough sketch of what is shown:

Name: wall electrical.jpg Views: 0 Size: 12.7 KB

However, I did something really dumb and didn't take more pictures or mark the connections within the electrical boxes. I had to pull all wires from outlets and switches in order to complete the wall removal. I guess I assumed that I would be able to figure it out later. Well I have failed to figure it out so far. I need help knowing how the connections were made previously. Currently, all wires are exposed and not connected to anything (power is off).

I have attached another sketch with the wires as they currently are with letters next to each. I'm hoping some of you electrical experts will know what letters need to be connected to each other (for example wires ahi need to be together, not sure if that is true just an example). I hope I can find some help, and thank you in advance!

Name: wall electrical code.jpg Views: 0 Size: 12.6 KB

Also, I should mention that the outlets probably won't be needed, so I was wondering if I can just connect them and leave them in a metal junction box in the attic?

Thanks!!
Attached Images
   
Need help with switch and outlet connections (think of it as a fun puzzle?)

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.