vendredi 20 mars 2015

A piece of my ridge board was removed to install the original attic fan.Problem?

I have a finished attic with vented space above the collar beams, about 4 ft high. My home is 25 years old. In making plans to replace the burned out ventilation fan, I noticed that when installed, a 2" X 2" X 5" piece of the bottom end of the 2" X 10" ridge board was removed to make room for the fan. I don't think this is a structural issue as I don't think the ridge board is weight bearing, but I worry that when I have the home inspected for resale it will come up as a code violation of some sort. Advice?

A piece of my ridge board was removed to install the original attic fan.Problem?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.