vendredi 20 mars 2015

out with laminate

I am strongly considering tearing up the laminate wood on my landing and carpet on my stairs, to replace it all with hardwood (Oak). The stairs look easy enough to do but I do have once concern. I live in a split level home and the landing is at the front entry. I have noticed that there is a black spot in front of the door, in the laminate flooring. This is one of the reasons I want to tear it up.



The house is about 12 years old but my wife and I just got it 4 years ago. That black spot has always been there, but I do believe its getting worse little by little. The landing doesn't have any odd corners or anything, everything is 90 degree angles so I am not worried about that.



What I am wanting to know is, if I were top replace with hardwood (who knows maybe I will go back to laminate even) is there anything I can do to protect the wood from suffering this type of damage again? One last thing, if I go hardwood, since this is the main entry, is there anything I can do to protect the finish? We get A LOT of sand and small stones. I would hate to see the finish get destroyed.



Thanks much for the help.

out with laminate

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.