mardi 10 mars 2015

Bathtub drain is outsmarting me

So I need to replace the tub drain with a shiny new working one.



I had done this before on another old tub at a different residence. I used a couple of tools to try and twist it out and ended up breaking the crosshairs in the tub drain. This led me to cutting a small notch in the drain and using a screwdriver and hammer to finally loosen the drain enough to twist it out and install the new one.



THIS time I decided to get the right tool so I wouldn't destroy the crosshairs and get it all out in once simple piece. So I got the Drain Removal Wrench from Lowes and proceeded to break all the crosshairs. :wall:



No biggy right? I know what to do, I did it on the last tub drain. So I make my little notch and proceed to try and bang into turning for me. All I succeeded in doing was breaking off the top part of the drain and I still have the main circular portion stuck in the pipe. Not budging. So I try to make that bugger turn and end up moving the whole pipe contraption to the left side. This is when I decided it may be a good idea to stop beating the thing and get a few other opinions.



Here are a few pictures so you can get a good idea what I'm dealing with.











See how its moved to the left? It used to be in the center.



Thoughts????

Bathtub drain is outsmarting me

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.