mardi 10 mars 2015

Carrier Air Handler 5AMP fuse issue

New guy here. Bear with me please.



I've a Carrier FB4ANF030 (2193A04816) Air Handler along with a Carrier 38YXA030320 (2901E05873) Heat Pump and early in December the AH blower board expired. I replaced that with the generic ICM 272 replacement for the OE HK61GA003 because it was available locally and the Carrier replacement is also different and was a several day adventure.



A couple weeks later the 5 AMP fuse had blown and a replacement also blew immediately. I could jump the terminals around and confirm the blower motor ran, the transformer seemed to be operating as it needed. I suspected maybe a bad board so I obtained another. The 5 AMP fuse on that blew also.



I checked what I could and when checking the t'stat wire to the HP which was a replacement I realized that the wire had been cut/spliced when the HP had been replaced. I ran new t'stat wire to the HP from the AH and all was well for several weeks (until Sunday) when I set the time on the LUXPRO t'stat. I woke up Monday morning very cold with no blower. 5 AMP fuse blown again.



I replaced fuse again and with blower ON not AUTO the blower ran and I assumed all was well. Turned t'stat back to AUTO and went about my business. This AM I woke to no blower again, fuse is blown.



It's raining and I can't check anything at the HP easily today so I thought I'd ask for maybe some ideas of the next "to do/check". I'm assuming the contactor but what else at the outdoor unit could be causing the 5 AMP to blow when HEAT is energized?



I haven't tried placing the blower ON and maybe setting to AUX HEAT to see if that works but I'm 12 miles from town with just 1 fuse. Is this a possible temporary fix to get heat for the overnight?



Any help would be appreciated.



In December I contacted an HVAC shop and they mentioned 3 days to get to it, 4 - 5 days for parts, a $200 deposit to be applied to a repair and prepayment for the parts order. Once someone gets a few hundred $$'s in their hands they generally figure out a way to hang on to it. I decided to just give it a go myself and I'm not disappointed but it would be good to get some advice.



All I've done in the past several weeks is Sunday - set the time.



Post got much longer than I intended - SORRY



-Dave

Carrier Air Handler 5AMP fuse issue

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.