vendredi 13 mars 2015

Let's Talk Garage Door Openers

This morning my door made it halfway down before pooping the bed. I took it apart and noticed a lot of little shavings in the box that from my deduction were from the nylon gear that connects the door chain to the motor shaft. Upon touching the gear the teeth looked worn and flimsy and the motor was spinning fine but the gear just sat there.



The setup is a Lift Master 1/2hp original to the home built in 1996. So it made what I guess could be considered a good 19 year run and I'm in the market. A few questions though;



1) What brands/models are recommended?



2) I have two doors, identical openers. I am going to inspect this one as well for wear but would it be wise to replace both at the same time or just the one that is currently broken?



3) How DIY is this? I am a pretty handy person and since the doors and all are setup wouldn't it be a simple bolt on replacement with a new track an door connection?




Let's Talk Garage Door Openers

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.