samedi 14 mars 2015

Making a generator, testing NO AC voltage only AC current!

Hello family,



this is my first post! I am making a magnetic generator on my own. My stator is 17 inches diameter with 8 coils, number 13AWG wire fixed in place. My left and right side rotors have "8" 1 1/2 round by 1/2 thick :confused:Neodymium magnets each, total 16 magnets. The rotors spin on my 1 inch diameter steel shaft which is just temporarily powered by a 1/2 hp electric motor for testing only. The rotors are "as close as possible" to each side of the stator without interruption.



I turn on the motor and wait for it to power up just fine, spinning the rotors fast and good. As it spins, I place my clamp meter near" the right side rotor then the left side rotor for readings. The right side reads 190.0 ACA and left side 150.6, ACA both being the highest of the readings as it constantly fluctuates with different readings while spinning.



MY CLAMP METER DIAL IS SELECTED IN THE ACA MODE FOR AC CURRENT. I THEN SWITCH THE METER DIAL TO ACV, FOR AC VOLTAGE, AND IT SHOWS NOTHING AT ALL, NOT INDICATING ANY VOLTAGE WHATSOEVER COMING FROM THE COILS.



It is only showing the ac current NOT voltage. Is this normal? What do I need or do to get the AC VOLTAGE to read out on my clamp meter??? in this test.



I am testing as I go from step to step as a learning process. ANY help here is a big plus. I want this to be an AC generator only, not DC.



Thank you

Earl!

Making a generator, testing NO AC voltage only AC current!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.