mardi 10 mars 2015

Question on Sears 300 Fill Flow Plugs in Venturi...

Hi everyone,

In a separate post on this forum, it was indicated that by not using the smaller (.1mm Fill Flow Plug) in the removable plastic assembly of the venturi (the piece is immediately under the larger wire-mesh cone filter on my venturi) that you'll avoid a common problem with the softener not able to regen successfully.

I've done this and can tell you it works - so, thank you Biermech for that advice.



My question now involves the larger .3mm Fill Flow Plug that fits into the bottom of the non-removable part of the venturi assembly.

As I indicated in the earlier post above, I had already purchased both Fill Flow Plugs before I came across the information to not replace it but this past weekend when I went to install the new .3mm Fill Flow Plug, I discovered that it was the same diameter (1/4 inch) as the .1mm Fill Flow Plug but the cup in the venturi is 15/16 inch - slighly larger and the 1/4 inch .3 mm Fill Flow Plug does not fit securely in the cup as the older plug does.



When I contacted the softener parts company where I made the purchase, I was told the 1/4 inch .3mm plug was and has been the standard for probably 35 years and that my old plug fit so snugly probably because of exposure to chlorine - causing it to swell. Indicated, should be no problem using the smaller, new plug as the flow from that point on is always down, securing the plug to the inside of the cup.

Before, I put in the new smaller plug, I was just wanting to get someone who might know to confirm this. Curiously, the manual has a diagram which seems to show the .3mm plug being slightly larger in outside diameter than the .1mm plug but schematic drawings of parts aren't always accurate.

Thanks,

greynold99

Question on Sears 300 Fill Flow Plugs in Venturi...

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.