lundi 20 avril 2015

5" T&G no subfloor

House was built in the 1964. We added on a dining room to the house and were planning on installing Pergo throughout the house except for the bedrooms. When I pulled up the carpet there was particle board underneath, 3/8" or 7/16". I started to rip up the particle board to find 5" T&G flooring. Interested if there was a subfloor, I found a knot hole that had been knocked out and confirmed there was no subfloor (I can see through to the dirt).

We will have to do something about the new dining room, since it does not have original T&G in it, but is it ok to refinish the T&G as is without the subfloor or should I install a new subfloor over the T&G and install flooring over that.

Not looking to get into a discussion on whether pergo is a good option or not, but I would like to, if possible use the original T&G.

Here is the T&G as I rip up the particle board next to the new addition.
Name: IMG_1331.jpg Views: 0 Size: 44.3 KB
Attached Images
 
5" T&G no subfloor

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.