mercredi 20 mai 2015

Colored Stamped Concrete Driveway - Penetrating Sealer -- Your Recommendation

Hi! I'd like to use a penetrating sealer on my outdoor colored stamped concrete driveway. I've done a search on this forum for possible similar questions but didnt find any.

I live in Canada and so we experience cold winters, deicers, freeze-thaw cycles. So a penetrating sealer seems mandatory. But oddly NO concrete pourer does it. So i decided to take it as a challenge to do it for myself -- and my concrete.

I am trying to figure out the best penetrating sealer for my type of driveway. I think i am pretty sure i should stay away from silane/siloxane blends and focus more on lithium silicate/silocate blends instead.

Would anyone recommend GhostShield 9500? Or Kryton T1/T2?

From what i read about Kryton's T1/T2 its a penetrating sealer but it crystalizes the pores entirely. While the silicate/siliconate fills the pores but still allows the concrete to breathe. I am still not sure why the driveway needs to breathe at all. Would make more sense to close off all pores which will prevent any water entering the concrete and stop delamination and other water issues entirely.

Secondly, because penetrating sealers dont typically have a "wet-look" i plan to use an acrylic solvent sealer as the topical sealer on top after the penetration sealer is put down (of course i'd wait 2 days+ for the penetration sealer to do its thing). Is that OK?

Thirdly, what about if i wanted to use a water-based stainer to change the color of my concrete...would i apply it after the penetration sealer? I figure because the stainer would not prevent any kind of blockage of the pores since it would be applied after the penetrating sealer...but if i did it after i am not sure if the siliconate (a larger molecule and more likely to be near the surface of the concrete) would prevent the staining agent from sticking to the slab on the surface properly

Janie
Colored Stamped Concrete Driveway - Penetrating Sealer -- Your Recommendation

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.