lundi 20 avril 2015

leader pull problems

First post here, so be kind
I have 450' of 3" schedule 40 electrical conduit in a 36" deep trench. Total of maybe 340 degree, 90s are 36" sweeps. All covered now with wire arriving on Tuesday.
So today I tried to pull the leader string. Started with a crumpled up paper tied on the string at the uphill opening, shop vac at the lower opening. Seemed to pull in just fine, but when I came to the end of 600' of string, I figured I may have an issue.
Pulled it all out and replaced the paper with a 2" styro ball on the string. I also reduced the end of the 3" conduit to 2" at the string end and taped the shop vac in the lower conduit opening. Same exact thing, pulled in 600' of string until I stopped. If I try to pull the string back out, with the vac running, I get a very slight tension, like I am pulling the ball, but maybe not.
Eventually the entire string and ball come back out.

I think one of a couple things has gone wrong:
I may have some glue drip, preventing the ball from going any further, but still leaving an opening for the vacuum to pull the string. Thought here is to just keeping dumping string in until the loop of string comes out the other end.
Failing this approach, I am thinking of a towable compressor, hooked at the top opening and dump air into the conduit, hopefully pushing the ball by any obstruction.
May be rock, clump of dirt, partially collapsed pipe or even a dead rodent. Then I am clueless. Any suggestions?
Thanks
leader pull problems

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.