lundi 20 avril 2015

Running Water, Can't Find Leak

Greetings. I have an issue that just started tonight and I can't figure this out. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a 2 story house with an unfinished basement. Using city water. I was about to go to bed and I heard the sound of running water in the pipes. I checked all the sinks, showers (2), and the toilets for running water. All were dry and showed no water running. I checked the meter from the city water and it was moving. I turned off the water to the water heater, both cold and hot. The sound did not change. I turned off the washer hot and cold taps. No change in sound and the needle kept moving. I have shutoffs for my outdoor taps, they are off (I even went outside and verified that the taps were off. I turned off the water to each toilet, to the fridge water, and to the humidifier connected to the furnace (which is off), and the dish washer. Still have the sound of running water and the needle is moving.

I verified that there is nothing leaking under the sinks and around the walls of both showers. Nothing is wet. I can turn off the water to the house after the water gauge and the gauge stops, but I can hear the water in the pipes lose pressure. The majority of the pipes, besides those that go through the walls to the second floor are easy to view. I see no water or leaking on the pipes. No drywall on the ceilings or floors show signs of leakage. I am not sure why this would suddenly happen. The weather has been very nice, in the upper 60s and the house has stayed about 70, so no freezing of the water pipes.

I turned all the water shutoffs back on and returned pressure from the city water. The pipes re-pressurize and the leak sound is still there. I turned of the city water again, and the shower heads are allowing air to re-enter the pipes. Besides getting a FLIR camera to look for cold spots to maybe find a leak, is there anything else I can do? I am not sure how long the water had been running. I have had a burst pipe before at another place, and water was everywhere! This time, I see nothing that would indicate a broken pipe. Oh, the house is about 16 years old and I have been here about 7 years. No remodeling has been done either.

Thanks for your help!
Running Water, Can't Find Leak

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.