dimanche 19 avril 2015

Replacement wall oven wiring questions

Hi experts...this is probably a simple question...



Installing a new GE electric wall oven, replacing a 24 yr tappan. Pulled the old one out and see 3 wires in the wall receptical - white, black, and bare ground. The circuit breaker (off of course) seems to be dedicated to the oven.



The wiring (romex) does seem heavier gauge (thicker).



The old wiring has black to black, oven red to wall wire white, and the rest to the bare copper ground.



My ge instructions refer to wall wiring being red, black, and white ground. My ge oven has red, black, and crimped white to bare copper leader, in a metal conduit.



Here is my question...I assume I wire tie my oven red to wall wire white, like the original tappan (since I don't have wall red)??



And then black to black and bare copper to bare copper??



Thanks!

Replacement wall oven wiring questions

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.