lundi 18 mai 2015

Deck Joist Spacing

Hey everyone, long time lurker but first time poster. I'm dealing with some issues on a deck with a house I just purchased. Ledgers only held in by nails and lots of mistakes which led to severe rot. I noticed yesterday that the joists are spaced 36" O.C. The joists are treated 4x6 with 2x6" redwood decking. This deck was permitted through the City, but I can not find anything online which allows for this kind of spacing.

Is there any situation that allows for this kind of joist spacing? Also, I'm assuming that the only way to repair this issue is to install additional joists. Is this such a big deal that I need to make the repair? What would be the long-term problems?

Thanks!
Deck Joist Spacing

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.