lundi 18 mai 2015

Very layman question about deck maintenance, paint or stain?

I moved into this townhouse about 2 years ago, with this big wooden deck +stair cases. It was painted in red, and now some part of the paint peeled off. I saw my neighbors stain their deck (original wood color), it was fairly simple, power wash it and start to apply these transparent stain/sealant.

Now comes down to mine, I asked around what's the best way to maintain my deck, and people were saying that I need to sand every inch of old paint off and power wash and then apply the new paint or sealant. Common sense wise, this should last best for the new paint, my questions are:

1. If I really need to sand off the old paint entirely, am I better off just use transparent stain instead of red paint? I did not recall extensive sanding when my neighbors did theirs.

2.CanI just sand off the loosen part of the paint and apply new paint? what type of paint do you recommend? Just the ordinary exterior paint (oil based), or there are other stuff. Will this type of thing work Flood 1-gal. Natural One Coat Protection Translucent Stain-FLD300-006-01 - The Home Depot

Thanks a lot.
Very layman question about deck maintenance, paint or stain?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.