vendredi 10 avril 2015

Honeywell ra832a issues?

Howdy. Just as the winter is ramping down to its final stages in NJ, I'm finding myself with a thermostat/control issue. Please bear with my explanation below and kindly advise your thoughts. I appreciate any guidance or insight I can get!



Background: I have a 3-zone hot water heating system with baseboards. 3 low voltage thermostats; 3 honeywell ra832a switching relays.



Issue: The circulation pump and thus the HW flow and heat to one of the three zones does not shut off when the thermostat wants to shut it off. This happens 80-95% of the time and it runs indefinitely thereafter. It also happens to be one of the lower level zones, responsible for one of the least used areas of the house. There have been times last week that I've woken up in the morning to find it ~80 degrees on the upper level (!) as a result of constant system on.



Diagnostic efforts: I've done some initial work and found that when it's stuck like this the only way to shut it off (aside from main boiler switch) is to disconnect the wiring between the thermostat and the honeywell ra832a. There is no short on the wire between thermostat and honeywell ra832a and the relay does click off on the thermostat, so that's eliminated as a cause.



Questions:

(1) Is this a stuck relay in the honeywell ra832a?

(2) Why do all three of the honeywell ra832a read 15.5v between the T terminals when it's supposed to be 24v? (strange but thinking unrelated as the other 2 zones are working fine?)

Honeywell ra832a issues?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.