Hi all,
Planning the nitty gritty details of a small deck project. We're paying for a decent patio, I'm going to build a 12x7 deck off the house wiht some wide stairs down to the patio.
It replaces existing deck. Not sure if I can salvage structure until I pull the boards and old rails off.
Local code is 6' posts on center, which for a 7' deck means three posts. However, their own picture shows the railing extending past the posts a little bit. If I can get by with 2 posts there and overhang, I would prefer that, but I can't find anything code or best practices related.
Every google search of rail/overhang/deck gets into main structure and stairs. :madhell:
Thanks all,
Anthony
Planning the nitty gritty details of a small deck project. We're paying for a decent patio, I'm going to build a 12x7 deck off the house wiht some wide stairs down to the patio.
It replaces existing deck. Not sure if I can salvage structure until I pull the boards and old rails off.
Local code is 6' posts on center, which for a 7' deck means three posts. However, their own picture shows the railing extending past the posts a little bit. If I can get by with 2 posts there and overhang, I would prefer that, but I can't find anything code or best practices related.
Every google search of rail/overhang/deck gets into main structure and stairs. :madhell:
Thanks all,
Anthony
How far can deck safety rail extend past posts?
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire