mardi 7 avril 2015

Upcoming Paint Project.

The outside of my house is looking pretty bad these days. I am currently in the planning stages of painting it. I believe the siding, cedar shingles, to be original at about 87 years old. I will be replacing the few shingles that need it. From what I can tell, they house got a quick coat of latex paint before it was sold to us.



There appears to be patches of old oil based paint underneath. While quite a bit of the paint is removing itself, I don't expect that process to be done by the time I start painting. While I have only tested the trim paint for lead, I have not yet testing the shingle paint. The trim paint is positive for lead and I assume the same of the old paint on the shingles. So I am looking for other's opinions on safe and "easy" removal of the loose lead paint. I'm pretty much deciding between scraping or using a stripper. This product appeals to me: http://ift.tt/1CSoYVe



http://ift.tt/1ybNjXu

Upcoming Paint Project.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.