dimanche 5 avril 2015

Adding sub-panel for new second floor

Remodeled house and went from a single story to a two story house. I want to run electricity upstairs. Upstairs will consist of my office (running several computers, a bedroom, and a game room. There isn't a bathroom upstairs.

I need to know some guidelines to determine what size breaker should be used on the main panel to feed a sub-panel on the 2nd floor.

Can I use Romex 8/2 (with 10gauge ground) to feed the sub-panel or do I need 8/3 with ground?



What size breaker should be used in the sub-panel? I plan to buy all the electrical components at Lowes. Any suggest as to name brand to use?



I plan to use 12/2 for internal wiring following the guidelines I've read on other posts and 20amp outlets. What is the recommended number of outlets per run?



Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Adding sub-panel for new second floor

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.