vendredi 10 avril 2015

Failed gray water leech field. Options/workarounds??

I have a 1960 house near houston Tx with a traditional septic that functions well enough. The dishwasher, sink, and washing machine drain to a greywater "system". The back patio slab backs up to the wall by the kitchen and laundry. This makes it hard to know exactly what I've got. About 15-20' from the house there is a 2". Vertical PVC pipe rising in the grass. Since we moved in a year and a half ago our greywater has at least partially come out of this pipe and onto the yard. Not a big deal during the summer months, we just grow extra lush grass in that area and the cottonwood tree is very happy. Winter months it is a soggy soppy mess and getting worse.



My husband and a buddy excavated around this pipe and discovered a 4" horizontal pipe leading out into the yard that Is buried about 3' deep in our very very gumbo clay soil. We have a very high water table and 50+"rain/year. He used a snake and a hose and cleaned a bunch of 'sludge' (his term, I didn't see it) out of the pipe.



My question is this. Since the main pipe draining the greywater from the house is deep under a slab, can I crate another another more shallow leech-line coming off of the vertical clean out/overflow pipe? I would bury this in gravel, much closer to the surface. In addition, since I know grease kills leech fields, I was thinking of installing an under-sink grease trap at the kitchen sink.





Thoughts/ideas??? Other solutions? I have an acre or so going back to a pasture, a friend mentioned pumping it away?





We have soooo many projects on this house, I am not in the position to rip this all out and build it to code. I really need to fix what we have. From what we have discovered so far, the house has good bones, but the previous owners had lots of "friends" doing repairs with duct tape and zip ties.

Failed gray water leech field. Options/workarounds??

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.