vendredi 10 avril 2015

Removing paint from cement and Drylocking?

I have a few questions regarding Drylock and removing paint. I bought my first house about 4 months ago and now that it's spring time I am dealing with some water in the basement that seems to be coming right through the cement floor and a few cracks on the walls. My kids have been waiting patiently for their playroom to be set up down there but I need to waterproof it first. I plan on Drylocking the floor and walls but on the Drylock site it says to remove any existing paint from the walls.



My first question is are there any tricks to removing paint from the cement walls? About half of it has flaked off but what paint is left doesn't want to come off very easily.



My second question is if Drylock actually works or if there is a better way of waterproofing for around the same price? I have heard from many people drylock does work but just want to make sure before I spend the money.



My last question is some people have told me to just use a regular paint roller and brush for applying Drylock and other have said I want to use something like a broom or a concrete brush. If anyone has any experience with this it would be greatly appreciated.



Thank you in advance for any help and sorry for the long post.

Removing paint from cement and Drylocking?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.