In my closet I had a simple light socket base with two terminals. I installed a new light fixture today. I took off the existing light socket base and in there are 3 white wires nutted together with one white wire stepped in the middle and wrapped around one terminal of the base. The other terminal on the base has a single red wire connected. No ground wire in on the base and they appear to be bundled in the rear of the light box.
My new light fixture is a dual bulb with two whites and two blacks.
I cut back the one white wire so it was no longer stripped in the middle and then wire nutted the three white wires and two white wires from the fixture. I wire nutted the red wire and the two black wires from the fixture. I connected the ground wire from fixture to the steel bracket that I attached to light box.
The light turns on but a nearby plug now doesn't work and the plug in tester I have says hot and ground reversed.
Where did I screw up? My first thought is that I need to open the fixture back up and attach the ground bundle from the house wiring to the same metal bracket the light fixture ground is connected to.
My new light fixture is a dual bulb with two whites and two blacks.
I cut back the one white wire so it was no longer stripped in the middle and then wire nutted the three white wires and two white wires from the fixture. I wire nutted the red wire and the two black wires from the fixture. I connected the ground wire from fixture to the steel bracket that I attached to light box.
The light turns on but a nearby plug now doesn't work and the plug in tester I have says hot and ground reversed.
Where did I screw up? My first thought is that I need to open the fixture back up and attach the ground bundle from the house wiring to the same metal bracket the light fixture ground is connected to.
ground and neutral reversed after light fixture install
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire