mardi 7 avril 2015

oil caps for old GE motor

I have a probably 60 year old General Electric motor, cast iron housing, that I believe came out of a refrigerator or some such unit, and the bearings are oiled through 3/4" caps that look like miniature freeze plugs for an automobile engine. They have a little lip so that you can pop them out with a thin blade, and they have a conical spring behind them that goes into a wad of media that is something like steel wool. So you put oil in them and this media disperses it into the bearing. These caps have slits in them that are a bit rough, look like they were maybe punched in with a screwdriver by a service tech at some point, and my questions are a) does anyone recall if they all had slits or if some did not, and b) any ideas where I might find replacements without slits? It wouldn't matter much if the motor were mounted horizontal, which I believe was its intended orientation, but I am using it vertical, so these drip sometimes if I put a squirt too much oil in them. Thank you.

oil caps for old GE motor

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.