jeudi 12 mars 2015

grounding neutral from panel?

in my crawl space the white wire from the panel is clamped to the galvanized water line. I am about to begin replacing all this water line with pex pipe as this will be a rental unit in the future. How or what do I bond to now? there is a steel beam running the length of the house sitting on (welded) three 4x4 steel tubes that are anchored on cement footings. To reach this beam I would need to splice the white wire. can this be done and be legal? there is also a concrete stub wall that will not be insulated in the area that could be reached without a splice, could a bracket we anchored to this cement wall and the white wire attached there? Do I need to drive a ground rod (there is no room) or do I need to bury a rod horizontally? What are the legal options here?

grounding neutral from panel?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.