mardi 7 avril 2015

3 pole breaker in place of 2 pole breaker.

Hello. I am adding a subpanel to my second story; since all the rooms on the second story are run off of a single, knob and tube, circuit I am going to replace it with a single circuit per room and 3 or 4 circuits for lights. I'm using a 100 amp panel, with separate ground and neutral bars and a 100 amp service main "cuttoff" bolted inside it. I plan on using 2 or more A/C's up there as well, which I intend to have on dedicated circuits and then also some outside lights, etc.... My question is this, I don't have a double pole breaker for the main panel but I have a 100 amp triple pole breaker that will fit in order to feed the subpanel. Is it ok to use this triple pole breaker and only use one of the outside lugs and the middle lug and leave the other outside lug "unpopulated"? I have no use for this 3 pole breaker but if I can use it for this it would be good since it will save me 30$+ but if its dangerous or unsuitable then its no good. I can't see any problem with it, but I'm looking at it through biased eyes, so I put the question to my favorite and most knowledgable compartriots. Thanks in advance and best regards.

3 pole breaker in place of 2 pole breaker.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.