Hi,
I had an over the range microwave and it stopped working. So, I replaced that with a vent hood and bought a countertop microwave. The microwave is plugged in a 15 amp circuit and it keeps tripping(atleast 2 times a week). A toaster is plugged in the same circuit. But, I have noticed the microwave trips when the toaster is not used, plugged or unplugged). All other outlets are unused.
So, I am thinking of changing the 15 amp circuit to 20 amp.(or is there any other option instead). How do I find out if the wiring needs to be changed or can I just change the breaker & the receptacles?
Thanks.
I had an over the range microwave and it stopped working. So, I replaced that with a vent hood and bought a countertop microwave. The microwave is plugged in a 15 amp circuit and it keeps tripping(atleast 2 times a week). A toaster is plugged in the same circuit. But, I have noticed the microwave trips when the toaster is not used, plugged or unplugged). All other outlets are unused.
So, I am thinking of changing the 15 amp circuit to 20 amp.(or is there any other option instead). How do I find out if the wiring needs to be changed or can I just change the breaker & the receptacles?
Thanks.
How to find if my 15 amp breaker has the wiring for a 20 amp breaker?
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire