Daughter comes home from college and says her cars is making a squeaking noise at times. We take it out this morning and finally after about 10 miles it starts making the noise. At first it sounds like brake pads that are worn down, but it doesn't sound to be speed dependent, the noise is the same regardless of the speed and pressing the brakes does not stop it. The constant noise will stop between 20-25 mph but turns into a squeak, squeak, squeak, right under that. But it may pick back up to a constant squeak above 25 mph, and it may not start up till a few miles down the road.
I took the right front tire off and the brakes are in fine shape, not close to the wear strip at all.
I drove it again, and it took a while for it to start, so it seems to be heat related to a certain point. It is not tied to the engine speed, just to the wheel speed.
I was about to think it was a high pitch whistling noise until I finally heard it do the intermittent squeaking below 20mph.
Any ideas where to look? This one has me stumped.
Thanks in advance.
I took the right front tire off and the brakes are in fine shape, not close to the wear strip at all.
I drove it again, and it took a while for it to start, so it seems to be heat related to a certain point. It is not tied to the engine speed, just to the wheel speed.
I was about to think it was a high pitch whistling noise until I finally heard it do the intermittent squeaking below 20mph.
Any ideas where to look? This one has me stumped.
Thanks in advance.
Mystery noise in 2005 Dodge Stratus
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire